Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians

A place for Minnesota reptile and amphibian keepers to connect.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Transporting in Cold

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lil_country_girl

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Transporting in Cold   Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:59 pm

Hands on events coming up and I'm worried about transporting the rainbow in this cold weather. I've seen people who use regular rubbermaid containers and blankets and pillow cases, and I've seen people who use coolers and blankets. I'm wondering what do you think is the best way to transport the rainbow and keep her temp consistant? I have a rubbermaid container and a cooler big enough the rubbermaid container does have holes in the top for air.

I was thinking I could take two layers of fleece around the outside of the rubbermaid container and make kind of a pouch that fits in the container and had pockets that I could insert a hand warmer. than have a layer of fleece ontop and keep her in a pillow case.

I'm really worried about her being to cold or getting to hot. I'm not gonna chance this so I'm really asking for your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReptilesForEver

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Transporting in Cold   Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:26 pm

If you are going in a car, I have just keeped mine in a cooler. i just cover it with a blanket when I was out side of the car. Just don't keep it by the heater in the car can get way to hot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reptilesforever.com
Lil_country_girl

PostSubject: Re: Transporting in Cold   Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:39 pm

I'm gonna do a rubbermaid container with fleece sides and bottom and a blanket over the top while outside. Pre-heat the car and we should be good to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyle

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Transporting in Cold   Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:27 am

If you pre heat your car you will be fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/kyleherp/
Lil_country_girl

PostSubject: Re: Transporting in Cold   Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:08 am

Well I think I went a little over board and than I love my animals a little to much cause...I'm sewing this fleece snake carrying case with a removeable bottom in case someone has an accident. and Pockets in the sides for hand warmers a zip open top for security and handles. If this one turns out cute and nice I might have to start a business for this lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transporting in Cold   

Back to top Go down

Transporting in Cold
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minnesota Reptiles & Amphibians :: Reptile & Amphibian Topics :: Housing & Equipment-
Jump to: